In the planning to buy a new brand mountain bike but confused with the brand and budget?
Choosing a regular bike for rides now becomes easy, but being an adventurous person and craze for the mountain bikes are something different.
For the mountain bike rides, it is essential to look for some unique features like Terrain, Frame, and reliable brake, and yes, the most important thing is the price.
So, the mountain bike is somehow different from our regular bikes as,
- A mountain bike is for the rough and uneven surface of hills and mountains
- Its material is sturdy is designed to withstand harsh conditions.
- It has a strong tire and powerful brakes to maintain a good grip over the bumps
Many people think that mountain bikes are costly and they can?t afford it.
But the market is loaded with different types of mountain bikes with various designs, weight, colour, features, price, and purposes.
A lot of people make enquires about the best mountain bikes under 500$ to fit as per their needs.
Depending upon the different terrains, there are various types of mountain bike models available in the market as per your needs. To enjoy your mountain bike ride, your bike must be with all rounded qualities and sure in the budget as well.
10 Best Mountain Bikes Under 500$
If you are a beginner mountain rider for the smooth trials, then with a solid frame and quality tires is sufficient to enjoy a good ride.
For the one who loves climbing challenges, the superior quality fat tires with disc brake are suitable.
Thankfully, there are plenty of quality options on the market that won?t cost you a fortune.
After the excellent market research and among the thousands of options, we have filtered out the best mountain bikes under 500$ and
Believe me!, The bikes are of high quality and, of course, in the budget.
At the end of the article, there are few guidelines that you must consider before purchasing a mountain bike under 500 dollars. Once you decide your dream mountain bike, just take care of a few recommendations.
Vilano Blackjack 3.0
Vilano Blackjack is one of the most famous mountain bikes because of their style, attractive design, and durable nature. The best thing is it’s at an affordable price.
The bicycle is perfect for beginners as well as for experienced mountain riders. The bike guarantees you comfortable and enjoyable riding on all terrain.
The bike also comes with a reliable speed gear system and perfect for downhill riding.
Here are some featured of Vilano:
- Great aluminium frame
- Strong rims and wheels
- Smooth and consistent shifting
- Easy to Assemble and handle
- Affordable price with high quality
- Brake replacement
- Loose belts and screws
- Hard Seat
Schwinn Protocol 1.0
If you are looking to buy a mountain bike of a premium brand, you are more likely interested in buying Schwinn Protocol 1.0.
Moreover, if you are a beginner for mountain biking, then its dual suspension system will help you to handle all the rough routes.
To enjoy the maximum adventure, the bike is recommendable.
Here are some features of Schwinn:
- Durable Aluminum Frame: The bike?s frame is built up of the Aluminum suspension frame. The frame is incredibly durable. The frame is perfect for strength, comfort, and great manoeuvrability. With the Shimano components, you can trust your riding with Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Mountain Bike.
- Disc Brakes: With the pro max discs brake on the front tire, the bike comes with high safety. Also, for the back tire, there is a linear-pull system to ensure a safe ride. These high-quality brakes will let you enjoy your mountain bike ride without worrying about terrain and brake.
- Effective Suspension: The high-quality suspension system, included SR Suntour parts, helps to deal with all the obstacles in your mountain way. With the effective suspension, you can tackle any terrain and don?t need to hold the handlebar too much tightly.
- Strong wheel: Schwinn uses high profile rims and tires to ensure smooth riding. You can ride at high speed without worrying about the skidding.
- Shimano Components
- Sturdy tires
- Durable frame
- 24 gears for all terrains
- Dual Suspension
- The rear part has a lack of disc brake
- No water bottle holder
Raleigh Bikes Tekoa
A well designed Best Mountain bikes under 500 dollars to float you over rocks. Raleigh Bikes are now one of the most trusted brands in the bike industry.
It ensures an efficient ride with the disc brakes on the terrains. You would like to sure that your bike should not be too light that it just bounces when hitting those rocks.
Also, the bike shouldn?t be too heavy: otherwise, you have put a lot of affords into pulling it.
Therefore, with the needed weight, the bike is suitable for beginners to experts.
Here are some features of Raleigh:
- Sturdy Disc Brakes: Disc brakes are the best quality brakes in the market. The bike is equipped with mechanical disc brakes, which is very powerful to stop easily even when you are at high speed. The brake is very smooth and consistent.
- Comfort: Every mountain rider wants to enjoy a comfortable experience with the bike. Raleigh Bikes Tekoa Mountain Bike comes with 140mm Raleigh saddle with the dual bolt.
- Great Terrain wheels: With a 29er wheel size feature, it ensures a stick momentum over the hills and bumps.
- Sturdy Frame: The bike is equipped with double-wall rims, which are built up of the sturdy aluminium frame. The rims are solid to hold the weight
- Very Durable
- Sturdy Aluminum frame
- 29er large and fast wheel
- Reliable quality brakes
- Recommended for tallboys
- Takes time to assemble
- The fork is heavy
Diamondback Overdrive 29
Diamondback is famous for making some of the best entry-level bikes out.
The diamondback Best Mountain bikes under 500$ with high-quality components.
The 29-inch large wheels allow rolling on uphill trails. This mountain bike is almost assembled and needs a little time to make it ready for use.
The bike is capable of absorbing shocks, which makes it versatile for even the toughest terrains.
Here are some features that you should know:
- Smooth riding: Smooth riding in the mountains? Seems funny? No, it is not; with the Rock shock XC, 30 TK suspension system in Diamondback Overdrive 29 is possible. This provides you with a high level of stability while riding and makes your ride smoother.
- Effective Brakes: The bike has a hydraulic braking system, which helps to control the big 29 inch wheels easily. With the minimum efforts, its brake has excellent stopping power.
- Large Wheel: The size of the wheel is 29 x 2.25? with high quality. Furthermore, a Kevlar belt has been incorporated into the design of the tires to give you more protection from the terrain.
- Durable Frame: The frame?s geometry is designed carefully to ensure adjustability. Furthermore, the frame of this bike is extremely strong.
- Quality and reliable parts
- Affordable choice
- Not much assembly needed
- Quickly stoppable brakes
- Pedals and saddle needs replacement
- crappy saddles
Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire
If you want to ride that will let you ride around rough terrains without any fear of rocks, this one is for you.
The Mongoose fat tire bike comes with a lot of amazing riding features. The fat tires of this bike will tempt you to try a ride in the challenging mountain. Among all the models of mongoose,
We highly recommend you Mongoose Dolomite Fat Tire Mountain Bike with all fantastic features at a low price.
Here are some amazing features of mongoose bike:
- Gear Options: Mongoose Dolomite Fat bike comes with Seven Speed Shimano Drivetrain. These unique feature offers make the shifting of gears effortless. You can smoothly ride uphill and downhill.
- Dual disc brakes: To ensure safety, the brake is the most crucial part. Luckily, the bike has powerful and effective dual disc brakes. You can confidently enjoy your ride at fast speeds.
- Reliable tires: Its strong fat tire is what you will love more. With 4? thickness, it ensures more stability and prevents sinking.
- Fat Tire
- Shimano Components
- Seven gears
- Steel frame with the durability
- Reliable brake in all conditions and weather
- Excellent stopping power
- A bit heavy
- Noisy Brakes
- Bottom bracket instability
Merax Finiss 26
One of the Best Mountain bikes under 500$ that will be worth your attention is the Merax Finiss 26 Aluminum Mountain Bike.
With 85% assembled, the bike saves a lot of time and effort. This is the cost-efficient bike available in the market.
If you are in planning for a weekend schedule with a lot of off-road mountain biking, this bike is available at the best price to purchase.
Here are some features of Merax Finiss 26:
- Aluminium frame: Constructed with the heat-treated aluminium frame, Merax Finiss 26? ensures durability. Moreover, the structure is very light weighted round 34 lbs to make your ride more comfortable.
- Front and rear disc brakes: Mechanical disc brakes are included in the front and rear. Moreover, the high-quality brakes are manufactured by Shimano. You can freely rely on the brakes to provide you with strong support.
- Aluminium rim wheels: The wheels are 26 inches with a double-walled rim made. The wheels offer a smooth and easy rolling over uneven surfaces.
- Reasonable Price
- Great Suspension
- Comfortable saddle
- Constructed lightweight
- Highly Adjustable
- Strong and steady
- Single size only
- Minor Brake issues
GMC Yukon Fat
No matter what the weather or terrain is, GMC Yukon is always a well-prepared bike for every obstacle.
The bike is a mix of style, functions, and performance. The bike comprises solid but light-weighted aluminium. The best thing is the bike is available in the market under 500 dollars. The bike features include superior quality Shimano components.
To conclude, the performance of the GMC Yukon Fat Mountain Bike is awesome and also comes at reasonable prices.
The bike has already grabbed the audience?s attention with its unique style and design.
Here are some amazing features of this amazing bike:
- Frame Materials: The material is the first thing we look for as it reflects the quality of the product. The bike is constructed with aluminium frames, which are durable and light weighted at the same time. With this feature, you can enjoy an easy ride in the mountains.
- Comfort and Style: With the 26 inches, the bike is equipped with a comfortable seat. Moreover, its great look is eye-catchy to fall in love.
- Awesome Tires: The bike has a massive 26 x 4? fat tire, which allows you to ride with no resistance and high stability at any hard surface.
- Quality brakes: The bike comes with front and rear brakes. The disc brakes help the biker to stop the bike at any moment quickly.
- Easy assembly feature
- Plenty of gear options
- ABK cable disk
- Fairly priced
- Low maintenance
- Shimano Revo 7-speed SL-RS25 shifter
- Not suitable for the one who is not comfortable with wide tires
- Takes time to get used to
Diamondback Lux is specially designed for women. The bike has a durable aluminium frame, which makes it comfortable for women.
With high-quality construction, the product is worth for money. If you are a beginner, then you can go anywhere with this bike without any fear.
Moreover, this bike is easy to assemble as it comes with 85% assembled, and the minor thing is that you just need to assemble few parts like pedals, reflectors, etc. and you don?t need any technical knowledge to assemble it.
Here are some features of DiamondBlack Lux:
- Wheels: Mountain terrain always requires a good wheelset. The Diamondback Lux wheel has a 27.5-inch wheel, offers to maintain the right balance. The wheel size is popular for mountain bike riding. The tires allow you to roll over the obstacles.
- Smooth Gearing: The Shimano drive train has 24 possible gears. You?ll have an easy time shifting into the right gear for any type of terrain. Even if you want to ride at the terrain, you will get excellent efficiency.
- Powerful Disc Brakes: When it comes to safety, Diamondback never compromises. With the powerful Tektro Aries mechanical disc brakes, it prevents accidents. Disc brakes are with 160 mm front and rear brakes.
- Durable and Lightweight: The hardtail frame is made up of aluminium with a low weight, which is light and hard to ensure a proper balance.
- Low standover height
- Reliable construction
- Tektro Aries mechanical disc brakes
- Economical price
- 2.1? tires
- 85% assembled
- Hard saddle
- No kickstand
- Stiff frame
Schwinn Traxion Full Suspension
Schwinn has reached the top level of bikes and other bicycle-related equipment manufacturers. With a suspension fork this bike design for the real mountain bikers.
To get a great riding experience, the Traxion Full Suspension Mountain Bike is one of the best-budgeted bikes. The bike has 29-inch wheels to run your bike without any obstacles.
There are no major cons of this bike, so just buy this mountain bike without any delay.
Some features that you should know:
- Frame: The bike has super quality alloy aluminium dual-suspension sturdy frame. The full suspension frame and robust fork soak up bumps. Fame gives complete protection from harsh weather.
- Brakes: For the mountain rides, the mechanical disc brakes are the best suitable brake, and Schwinn Traxion has this powerful brake.
- Wheel and Rims: The 29er wheels are appropriate for mountain riding, and Traxion mountain bicycle comes with the same that is extensive wheels of 29 inches. These rims are incredibly solid. Furthermore, such a wide set of wheels you can rollover smoothly and also saves you from bumping.
- Speed and Shifter: The Schwinn mountain bike comes with 24 speeds feature. The highly reputed Shimano EZ-Fire trigger shifters make gear changes easy, smooth, and well reliable.
- Easy installation
- Brilliant quality
- 29-inch wheels
- Mechanical disc brakes
- 24 speeds
- A bit Heavyweight
Mongoose Ledge 2.1
The bike has the speciality to offer the highest level of comfort to you, especially when riding on uneven road surfaces.
Besides that 21 speeds, Shimano gearing system is just so amazing.
The bike promises you remarkable features. Mongoose ledge men?s bike is also famous among boys due to its unique great design and construction.
Here is some remarkable feature of Mongoose Ledge 2.1:
- Solid Frame: Mongoose Ledge has top quality material to maintain the level of sturdiness. It comes with a full suspension aluminium frame with 4-bar linkage full-suspension design to ensure maximum durability while keeping the weight at a low.
- Superior braking system: To ensure high safety, the bike consists of linear-pull brakes that provide reliable braking power. Therefore, the brakes if highly reliable no matter what the conditions or weather are.
- Wheels: The wheels of the bike are 26 inches, which creates a good balance while riding. It has alloy rims to ensure durability.
- Comes with kickstand
- Easy to assemble
- Linear-pull brakes
- Quality with cheap price
- Kickstand support and large wheels
- Uncomfortable seat for the long ride
Must Read Points Before Purchasing a Some Best Mountain Bikes Under 500$
Buying a mountain bike requires a bit of market research and planning. So, taking some time to research will save your lot of effort, time, and money.
The foremost thing to buy a bike is its requirements and price. And this article has explored the Best Mountain Bikes Under 500$, which are manufactured by the superior reputed bike manufacturer like Schwinn, Diamondback, GCM Yukon, and Mongoose.
Moreover, all these ten bikes are affordable and have plenty of features.
However, if it is still difficult for you to decide which bike is best suitable for you, these are the few aspects you must consider Before Purchasing a Mountain Bike Under 500$.
Budget: The budget of a person influence to select a bike. However, Mountain Bike Under 500 Dollars are budget effective and no need to worry about the quality. The reputed manufacturers never compromise the quality even in the low budget. One can easily buy good quality mountain bikes between 400-500 dollars.
Frame Material: Mountain bikes with various frame materials like titanium, steel carbon fibre, etc. are available in the market. However, Aluminum alloy is considered the best frame material as it is very light weighted and durable as well.
Whereas Steel frames also offer a smooth ride but are a little bit heavy for mountain rides as compared to aluminium. Although carbon fibre frames are lighter, they are costly. Hence, if you are getting aluminium alloy frame Bike Under 500 Dollars then grab it.
Terrain: Terrain is the foremost thing you should consider before buying the mountain car. As the bike manufacturer offers specific terrain options to ride like Trail bikes, Fat bikes, Downhill bikes, Enduro bikes, etc.
Wheel and Tire Size: Wheel size depends upon what Terrain you will be riding? Depending upon the Terrain, you will come to know the type of wheel size.
For the beginners, 26 Inch is good to maintain good control. 29 inch or 29er wheels are the biggest ones to maintain a good momentum on any Terrain.
They can roll over easily while 27.5 inches wheels are good to keep a delicate balance between 26 inches and 29 inches. However, no doubt that the larger the wheel, the larger the risk-taking ability with more comfortability.
Make sure that the tires are wide and bulky to provide stability. Smoother tires will help to gain speed even in the uneven area.
Gears: The next choice is deciding the gears you need as per your expertise and Terrain. Different manufacturers provide options from single gear to 30 gears.
For the beginners or the smoother trails, it is suitable if they buy the bike with higher gears. The expert riders, lower gears are the excellent choice.
Moreover, if you are looking mountain bike for the steep hills, then you must go for more gear.
Mountain bike gears can be easily shifted for any bike, so you don?t need to worry about its modification but have to think about the Terrain and your fitness to ride.
Brakes: When it comes to security and safety, then brakes are the most crucial part of the mountain bike. We all look for the bike that stops easily while riding at high speed.
Different brakes are available like Disc brakes, Rim brakes, Mechanical and Hydraulic brakes, etc. Among all, mechanical disc brakes are the most recommended brakes. These are very powerful for any situation.
These are some essential things you should consider before buying a mountain bike. While buying, don?t rush on the buying process, take a test drive, and test the parameters mentioned above before investing your money.
Mountain bikes are there to give you a thriller and adventurous riding experience.
With our complete guide of best mountain bikes under 500$, you are now got a good idea of mountain bikes and their features.
There is no doubt that apart from these many other mountain bikes of other brands, models and manufacturers are available. Still, after proper research, we have given you suggestions based on a few personal experiences as well as on customer reviews.
One more thing we would like to recommend is that tries a few of the different models and compares them appropriately before buying.
So, what are you waiting for? You are just a test ride away from your dream mountain bike, and that?s even Best Mountain Bikes Under 500$.